5th ANNUAL BEACH TRAINING
PLACE: Stinson Beach, CA
DATE: 09/14/2013 (SAT)
TIME: Meet at the picnic area next to the parking lot at around 10:00AM.
TRAINING SESSION: 10:30AM – 12:30PM
BBQ & GAMES: 12:30PM – until the last person goes home.
What should I bring?
- Gi Pants, Jacket, & Belt
- Swim Suit
- Sun Block
- Dry Clothes
- BBQ item to grill for yourself
- Food/Drink Item to share with everyone
(* please check the bottom of this page to see what other families are going to bring and post what you plan to bring.)
- Carpool: If you have extra space in your car and are willing to carpool, please let me know. This year we will not be able to take any students in our car.
- Grill Master: You don’t really need to be a master. We are looking for someone to start the grill after the training and keep an eye on it.
- Games Coordinator: Gather balls, Frisbees, etc. for fun and games after the BBQ.
THINGS TO EXPECT
- Driving time: Google Maps says the drive takes 1 hr. 10mins from Lafayette. It can take longer. Please plan ahead and don’t be late!
- Winding Roads: If you have ever been to Stinson Beach/Muir Woods, you know that you
take winding mountain roads to get there and it is very easy to get car sick. Please keep this in mind.
- Gi: Students must wear their gi pants, jacket, and belt during the training. After the training, immediately wash belts and gis with clean cold water. Do not put belts in washing machine as they will get faded and worn.
- Cold Weather: It may be cold. With that in mind, bring a sweatshirt. Also remember to bring dry clothes to change into after training.
We rented inflatable sumo suits for everyone to play with after the training. We would appreciate a $20 donation per family to help with the cost.